Search

Samstag, 1. Mai 2010

Fancy!

It's working! I forgot that i cut out some capacitors to read their values so I resoldered them. I tested it with a speaker that i found in a dead Sunn combo (Fender era, its just a relabled Squire SQ 15 Amp).
I don't really know if the Fancy is a guitar or a bass amp. It sounds great with both instruments. It has the vintage bass sound and delivers a very warm and extremely clean guitar tone.
I just changed the two damaged cabs so it makes some slight hum. It looks like the other caps are not the best anymore. But how knows, maybe the speaker is humming. I never heard the Sunn combo. Possibly it's humming because i plugged the 25W 16 Ohms speaker into a at least 100W 4 Ohms output. :)
Now it's time to test Mr Fancy Pants with a real cabinet. Maybe I should finally buy one. :)

I wont provide any pictures of my experimental setup. Some guys would kill me for that. Its a miracly why I didnt kill myself by accident with that stuff. :)

I hope to find some time to test the Austrovox today.

2 Kommentare:

  1. Take care maan...don't want to pick up your pieces from the floor after that darn little fancy-shmancy thing explodes...Safety first! ;)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Glad you survived the whole experiment.

    AntwortenLöschen